Friday 14 May 2021

planning music video and timeline

silver soul -beach house 

for my music video, I am planning on going down the experimental route using different effects and editing styles. Because I have chosen to go do experimental, my planning is not in the traditional sense as I don't have a narrative to plan, I'll be planning by experimenting. I plan to create quite a dreamy and hazy atmosphere using overlays and distortions. the song I have chosen to do is five minutes long but I am going to cut it down to about two minutes instead. 


in this video, I experimented with overlays. I used two different clips and adjusted the opacity in order to see both clips playing at the same time. I increased the exposure which I think created a nice effect as well as adding a lens distort that slightly stretched the overlay to create a fish lens type look. overall I really like the way this effect turned out and will definitely use it in my final music video. 


in this video, I decided to experiment with the lens distortion again along with the replicate effect which duplicated the video multiple times. my aim was to create a prism reflection effect. I also used an overlay and decreased the opacity. the overlay creates more colour that makes this video more interesting and unique. I really like the effect the overlay creates. I think this would've worked better with a different clip for the background as I didn't achieve the effect I wanted. however I think the replicate effect could work well in my final music video. 


in this video, I used a lens distort to create this trippy and unique effect. I adjusted it slightly to make it more distorted. I really like the way this turned out and I think it would work well in my final music video using different clips. this will add to the dreamy and hazy look that I want to try and create in my video. I think this effect could also work well with some kind of overlay. 



timeline:

week one- i started by choosing the song i wanted to use followed by going out and filming some random clips to experiment with as part of my planning. i opened premiere pro and started to use the clips i filmed and experimented with different types of effects as shown above. 

week two- after experimenting with effects, i began to source footage to potentially use in my music video. i tried to look for clips i knew would fit well with the song i chose. 

week three- i then imported the clips into premiere pro and started to organise them and edit them along with the music. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

health and safety

for my animated promotional video, it is important for me to make sure the animator i hire knows about  health and safety in the studio such...